Monday, June 28, 2010

Waldorf Window Stars


I was very excited to receive our colorful kite paper. We finally could make these bedazzling window stars. It's such a simple project for the children, a reminiscence of folding their favorite paper airplanes.


I took photos of the folding process but I think they were accidentally deleted. Gardenmama has a simple tutorial to follow for the Waldorf Window Stars and Childhoodmagic's wonderful photography captures the mood of all the colors.



My babies sitting gazing out the window at the little rain fairies pitter pattering on the metal roof.





Sasha finally allowed me to cut his long beautiful hair.  With our torrid summer heat I thought it would be more comfortable for him.  He looks rather cute with his new little hair cut.



Later in the day the sun began to shine and dried up the rain. We walked through our garden and found many of the Amapola (African Tulip) Pods. The afternoon breeze had blown them to the ground for the children to turn them into magical boats.





My beautiful little golden locks


5 comments:

  1. These are beautiful!! thanks for the instructions ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos, I love the stars I have some on my windows as well, cheers from New Zealand, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The window stars you made together are stunning. We have never made any but it's something that I have often intended to try. Will need to try this sometime. The image of your boys sitting side by side gazing out at the rain is so special - sitting content in each other's company, in silence, together, communing with those rain fairies. Those amapola pods are fantastic! What a perfect toy from nature. I think my grandmother had such a tree or something similar that I recall from my childhood..maybe..a distant memory flash! Wow, a big step to cut your Sasha's hair! I bet he looks just as beautiful with his new haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look so good! I love that photo of Sasha and Sania in the window!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the magic window stars book, but can only do a couple out of there. I wish I had more paper folding skills. Yours are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete