Saturday, June 26, 2010

Summer Sun Mobiles


A simple summer craft to celebrate the summer solstice.  Even though we usually have sunshine all year round we have subtle changes in the weather during the seasons.  Our rainy season usually starts the beginning of spring and this year we've had an abundance of rain.  It's still raining!!! Our property displays a beautiful deep green and everything is growing in abundance, except my veggies which are quite waterlogged.   I do enjoy the coolness the wet weather brings but now am ready for everything to dry up so lets hope this little mobile will encourage those rays to shine.



A little water color painting on those rainy days




The beautiful sun mobile.  Maureen and Shanti at Twig and Toadstool have some amazing summer activities and crafts and the tutorial on how to make these mobiles.  I haven't figured out how to link other blogs but here is their address  http://twigandtoadstool.blogspot.com/2010/06/here-comes-sun-week-lets-make-sun_18.html




And my other little sunshine who is always smiling




Our summer season fairy that we've carried over for years.  My children think it's the fairies that prepare it for them.

3 comments:

  1. Wishing you much sun!
    What a beautiful watercolor, I think it may do the trick! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! I love your celebration and your nature table is just beautiful! So glad I can follow along on your journey!
    Blessings,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your mobiles...so sunny and bright, (and the glitter is a lovely touch)!
    Glad to spread the sunshine!!!!
    xo maureen

    ReplyDelete