Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sunshine Cake


Sometimes it's hard to get my little boys out the kitchen.  They love chopping, cooking, baking, mixing, folding and lots of finger licking.  This fun sunshine cake was an idea I got from Twig and Toadstool.



I used a basic sponge cake recipe and made two of them. Then divided them into 8 pieces...a little math fun for Sasha.  They enjoyed putting on those suns rays.  Sania waiting patiently to put the flowers.



A beautiful golden sunshine



We used raw cream from the morning's milk that we beat and it turned an off white color...kind of yellowish.



The children dressed the sunshine with some pretty flowers and petals.



Happy summertime fun!!!

5 comments:

  1. I love this cake Jeanene. I'm having a summer butterfly party next month and your sunshine cake will be perfect compliment to my large butterfly cake. The butterfly girls will love making these cakes. Thanks for sharing and dropping by my site-how lovely to have found you. Marghanita

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful!!!!!! It's so lovely to see Shanti's sunshine cakes spreading sunshine throughout the world!!!!
    xo maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so cool! I love that you used raw creme. The boys are so artistic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so much fun to make. A fun and delicious way to celebrate the coming of Summer.

    ReplyDelete