Friday, August 6, 2010

Dragonfly, a boat and a rainbow peg doll


Twig and Toadstool recently made some beautiful dragonflies out of Sycamore seeds.  We found some other seeds which weren’t as flexible but still able to resemble the wings.  The children sprinkled their shiny glitter to make them sparkle.


A little tortoise made from a seed and some beads.



Sasha found this dried seed pod and glued a small stem in the middle with a beautiful petal of the flamboyant to make a floral mast.



A pretty little rainbow haired peg doll which I had made a while back and clothed her in a purple bougainvillea cape. It soon dried up and fell off so my children decided to wrap her in a wool dress.  Another simple project that I found on Magic Onions blog.

5 comments:

  1. how sweet:0 such beautiful creations!
    http://bendingbirches2010.blogspot.com/2010/08/i-am-thankful-for.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my what a beautiful blog you have here! Thank you for leaving a comment on mine so I could find yours - what a feast for the eyes!

    You speculated correctly, I do live somewhere (sub) tropical - the beautiful island of Bermuda. We love it here and I share more about our island life on my private blog. The blog you visited, Counting Coconuts, is where I share our homeschooling activities and my crafty adventures. :)

    Anyway, thanks for stopping by and now that I'm following your blog I look forward to reading more of it!

    Warmly,
    Mari-Ann
    Counting Coconuts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post Jeanene! How adorable....I will go on a hunt for some Sycamore seeds with Jasmine and Samuel this week. They'll love to make the Dragonflies. It is always such a delicious treat to visit your blog-thank you for sharing such beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Caro Webster, Marghanita . Marghanita said: Loving Earthboys blog : http://bit.ly/aM4MH1 #nature #playoutdoors #kids #parents [...]

    ReplyDelete