Sunday, August 15, 2010

Beeswax fun, a little Lavender doll and felt purses


In our warm climate our colorful Stockmar beeswax is always soft and pliable for creative modeling. It is such a wonderful way for our children to communicate their thoughts. They love to create forms exposing memories about a story we've read during the week or a reflection of their day.



It's the best way to soothe energetic children...



My husband is very creative with his hands, he's better at modeling than I am, here he's making a bunny.



This week my little boy has enjoyed listening to Chicken Licken, so I made some little beeswax birds to bring the story alive.



Another little doll I made, a lavender baby.  For some reason I can't get the head and body in proportion.  I will keep practicing.  The boys love her, she's already packed, ready to go on our trip.



These little purses where made from felt. It was Sasha's first time doing blanket stitch and I think he did pretty well.  His purse is on the right.  Sania (my youngest) needle felted his flower on the left and I did the blanket stitch for him.  It holds all their little treasures...

9 comments:

  1. Just lovely, so special when Daddy is keen to try creative ideas, he is a great role model for your boys, cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. such sweet treasures! i love them all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so lovely to create with beeswax. The little characters from Chicken Licken are so sweet:) Your doll is beautiful.
    xo
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute- I love the little purses- I think that is a great job of stitching for little hands!

    My monkeys love to mold things too- I love your little chickens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great dad to take the time to create with them! I think the blanket stich is GREAT for a first time. I still struggle getting mine to look nice. It is truly a process sometimes. We are going to use Chicken Little for our harvest season story next month with my little boy, I will definitely use the beewax for him with this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tracie, The children are very fortunate to have a wonderful dad to play with them, much of the day! They have an amazing relationship, he never tires of the children, the jump the trampoline, swim, kapla, adventure walks!. Chicken Licken such a sweet story,,, except when they get eaten! we read it last year, but my little boy wanted it again because we had a little puppy that spooked when a leaf fell on his tail and Sania remembered chicken Licken!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're in Miami, leave on our trip at the end of the week!

    ReplyDelete