Sunday, October 14, 2012

Double Blessing

Dylan and Chloe a few days old

On the 14th June 2012, I was blessed with two beautiful little babies.

My midwife recommended an amazing doctor who helped me birth my babies, vaginally and unmedicated.  My labor was a difficult 7 hours.  We, myself and my family, were given a room to labor in without hospital interference. The hospital staff were wonderful. My amazing husband stood beside me throughout.  My midwifes, Mary and Dana supported me throughout my pregnancy, birth and postpartum.  I was truly blessed.



Ready for the birth

My doctor welcomed Sasha and Sania to be a part of the birth experience.


Chloe - First Smiles

Chloe was born at 6.50 pm.

Dylan

And Dylan 7.01, 11 minutes after.  We only stayed at the hospital for 35 hours, then home for comfort and cuddles.

Bath Time

What joy they have brought to our family.

In the Sling Snuggling with Mama

Snuggling in the sling and Co-sleeping between the two.


Chubby Baby

Lots of mama's milkies.  They are both exclusively breastfed and gaining weight so fast.

My Angels

The best and sweetest big brothers ever.


Sania and Chloe


Sania loves to cuddle and play with them.


Nana with Chloe

What would I have done without Nana, my mom, to help.  She slept in my room for the first month and half and is still with us, helping with the babies, around the house and taking the big boys for adventures in the woods.


House in Provence


This is the house we are renting in the South of France, until we find the farm/ranch we are looking for.  We are enjoying the cool weather and the boys are happy to have nature in their back yard once again.  There is an abundance of vegetables, fruits and herbs from the potager so we have not had to buy any yet.  The boys are indulging in the raspberries, grapes and strawberries.


The Surroundings

Thank you all for your wonderful comments in the past.  I wish I could reply to all of you, yet my time is now dedicated to my rather large family nest :)

17 comments:

  1. Hi!!!!You're back!!!!Oh, I am so happy for you, your babies are so cutes! Congratulations! And you live in France now!!!Marvelous! I am so glad you are back! kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful double blessing. Congratulations! Your babies are so cute and the big brothers so loving. Enjoy the special time. Many greetings from Switzerland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!!! Your babies are SO BIG! And look at all of that hair on Chloe and Dylan as bald as can be. Toooo funny. Oh I just love the sight of these chubby babies.

    The photo of the four together. I think I just got allergies. My eyes are watering. What a treasured moment.

    I'm so glad your mom can be with you and helping you out. What a blessing!!! Just the feeding alone of your two babies is a full time job!

    God bless you and many hugs and kisses. So happy to see this post! I've been thinking about you and your family and wondering how you all were doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. there is a light shining all around each of you, what a blessed beginning your twins have had. a huge congratulations to you all, i was hoping you would post one day again, and i am so glad you took the time for YOU all to connect, baby moon, bond and ease into your new family shape. the four children together brought up such emotion. you all are in such love i can tell. blessings from canada, and wishes for continued recovering, peace and love. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi There,
    thanks for taking the time to give us some news and great photos! WAW amazing birth experience, i am so happy for you as often twins are very medicalized births, so you musht have really appreciated the staff of the hospital respecting your wishes and be so proud of you having had those 2 big babes naturally! Amazing job!!!
    The photos of Provence so much remind me of my grand parent's place where i lived for a couple of summers (it was in Blauvac, not too far from Carpentras and with an amazing view of the Mont Ventoux). I wish you guys to find the ranch of your dreams! what a funky live you have had, Miami, after that Dominican republic and now provence... could be worse :O)
    All the best with the full time breastfeeding job (waw exclusively breastfeeding one child was already a lot of energy for me, so i can't imagine 2)!
    Take care,
    JOanna (from montreal, friend of catherine)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so thrilled to see this update! I've been checking back nearly daily in hopes of catching an update (and some pictures of the new babies!)
    What an inspiring birth story! All of your children seem so peaceful, healthy and content.
    And how different France looks from your old home! Wow! It's just lovely...

    Blessings to all of you!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  7. yippee!!!! i'm so glad to see you post!!! congratulations on everything. . .living in France. . .having new babies. . .i hope you all stay well and i hope you get around to posting from time to time!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey jeanene!
    i just came to your blog because i was reminiscing on my old blog journey. i love seeing this post - not sure why i missed it on my feed. i guess i'm busy too these days. loved reading your words though and more of the story. amazing. loved seeing your sweet twins and big boys again.
    xo
    anushka

    ReplyDelete
  9. just had to nurse indy back to sleep... i had to add how much i love the boys in their scrubs and that your mom slept with you and the twins for a month and a half. so much love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad to see your post. The babies are beautiful and I am glad that you are all doing well. I turned forty in September and my most exciting gift was finding
    out I am pregnant. Doing this at forty is a bit different than it was in my twenties but I am thrilled. I'll check back for more updates. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, quel beau récit de naissance, quelle chance d'avoir pu être si bien accompagner par deux sage-femmes...Quels moments précieux!
    Vous habitez un magnifique endroit, quelle chance vous avez!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! What beautiful and healthy looking twins! And your sweet family look so joyful. How I love the South of France! Wish I could join you. Many blessings to you! So happy to see the update on your blog. xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so thrilled for you and your family! The boys have grown and those babies......so precious. I can tell you're enjoying every minute. I lived with my daughter when her twins were born and we had so much fun and became very close- a wonderful time. Your children are very lucky to be part of such a caring, loving family.
    Thank you for your post, I'm looking forward to hearing about your plans as they unfold.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So amazing! Congratulations! The new life looks lovely...so happy for all of you. I'm curious if you are continuing to homeschool in France and whether or not you have found any community for that there. I imagine it is quite different!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the two perfect additions to your family:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I thought I had commented on this post before. Unreliable Internet. Or unreliable brain. Regardless, I am warmed right through visiting this wonderful post again. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Your family is gorgeous. And look at all of that wonderful space that they still have to be free on!

    Oh, enjoy, wonderful mama. As if you need to be told.

    Blessings...

    ReplyDelete