Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Some News...

Our New house "Vitri"

We have moved from our big Sanctuary Finca Seraphina to the newly built modern house.  This lot had one palm tree on it when we began construction - we've planted over 1000 trees and about 2 thousand surrounding the property on the pastures below where we have our horses and cows.



Pool at Vitri

We moved much of the landscaping from Finca Seraphina, mostly planted as seedling. You can see how fast things grow in the tropics especially after the rainy season.  This house is still a bit warm but once the landscaping has grown it will be cool and lush.  A small sanctuary.


"Eitech Construction Vehicles"

Indoor time during the rainy season enticed the boys to engage in constructing these amazing Eitech vehicles.  Learning how to build cars and machines and how they work mechanically.  We bought one for Sasha for his birthday and they have now begun a collection of them.  Each vehicle can be dismantled and constructed into 3 other vehicles.



"Helicopter -Eitech Vehicles"
The helicopter has a small solar panel which turns the propellor.  They dismantled it and it became a small car that drove slowly by itself.



Wood Truck

This is a delivery truck Fabien helped the boys make from the left over wood used to make our new chicken house.  They are delivering small stones to make a path near their fort.



"Minka - Pony Foal"

Precious little Minka was born a few days ago.  The joys of spring bringing forth new birth.


"Lucy and her little Foal, Minka"

How she stands with stability just a few hours after birth.  As you can see by my belly that I to have been blessed.  Doubly...another son and a little princess.  Little Earthchildren!



"Knitting a Cotton Blanket and Booties"

Have been busy knitting away for my little peanuts.  More projects in the making.



More Booties

Doubly of course!! These turned out a bit large so will wait for those footsies to grow. I will have to buy some finer baby yarn when we head to Miami at the end of the month as I am 6 months pregnant next week and twins could come earlier although I plan to keep them in as long as I can...little me.

Miami is where I shall birth my little babes.  It won't be a home birth like I had with my sons.  Having twins, and at 40 classifies me as high risk so I will have my very first ever hospital experience.



Trail Riding

The boys out trail riding with dad and friends, soon to be neighbors.  I am teaching them about natural horsemanship and they will share the horses and the trails.  We are happy to find people that appreciate the land and love the animals as we do.

We plan to spend the Winter in the South of France looking for a farm, possibly Provence and keep a smaller place here as a second home.

27 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heavens!!! This isn't 'some news'. This is BIG NEWS!!. SEVERAL big new things.

    I've been wondering where you've been. You've been quiet but as we can all see, things haven't been quiet at all!

    Your home looks beautiful. What a project. You must be so relieved to have it ready before THE BABIES come. Oh my gosh!! Multiple babies!!! I'm so excited for you!!! I could squeal and scream! They will come to a home where they will be so blessed and loved.

    My brother had an Erector set growing up. I used to play with it a lot. Your eitech toys remind me of the Erector sets. They are way fun!

    New foal. Another squeal!!!

    You look beautiful as always. I always feel like a moose when I am pregnant and always wonder why everyone else looks beautiful to me when they are pregnant.

    Oh this is just exciting!! Can't wait for 'some more news'. :) When are you due? I can't remember if you said............

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Does this mean you'll be changing the name of your blog? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fabulous you have been having a busy start to the year!! Moving house, baby animals and pregnant yourself!

    I saw the pony pictures on FB and squealed then but couldn't comment as we are not friends. What a gorgeous picture of the perfect bonding session and start to ponies life.

    Hooray two babies for you!!! Goodness it is going to be a huge year. I hope you weren't too sick at the beginning, I must say you look glowingly happy!

    I showed my boys the creations the boys made but they were more impressed with your pool ....as boys would be LOL

    All the best for the next few months and looking forward to pictures when bubbies arrive.

    Take care Jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear friend, You and those little twins have been in my thoughts, the rest of the family too of course. Love to you all. I hope we can be in touch more soon. XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so wonderful to read your blog again. Oh my, how precious that you are having twins!! That is such lovely news my friend. You look beautiful!

    You new home is amazing and the little foal is gorgeous.

    Love to you,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to hear from you! And WOW what news. Congratulations!! I hope for you that your little double joys are remaining inside as long as possible and that you'll like the new hospital experience. I'm sure you'll turn it out into a beautifull earth experience too, even if not at home. Speaking of home, your new home is great. And another wow, plans to move to France. Good luck for it too, although I hope to hear more of you before that move.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was so excited to see that you had shared a new entry on your blog and now I'm even more thrilled to hear of your news. Twins!! How exciting and congratulations! Your new home looks fantastic to :) Have fun knitting and getting ready.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What exciting news! Congrats! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, how wonderful, many congratulations. Sending lots of love.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!! What great news!!! I'm so happy for you!!!
    I send you much love and serenity...
    Hugs and kisses
    Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your new home is lovely and I sense you will have many happy years there. I am new to your blog and enchanted by your story. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, my! What wonderful news! I have been away from blog-land for some time but miss hearing about you and your beautiful family! Congratulations. What a blessed life you have. Such beauty surrounds you and the goodness is so inspiring!

    Much love,

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, and spending the winter in Provence is an absolute dream! My oldest daughter Mia and I will be there the first week of May. I am so excited, as I have not been since I was seventeen. But how that region of the world resonates with me. It is really special. Will the babies be born in France? Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now I see that you will birth the babes in Miami. Oh, how sweet it will be to have twins! What a beautiful adventure awaits!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such wonderful news! Congratulations to you and your family!! Please let us know when you are in Miami. It would be so nice to see you all again.
    Much love, and many blessings!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your double blessings.Life is so amazing. Fingers crossed that they choose to stay in as long as possible:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a multitude of blessings!

    Congratulations!
    Cari

    ReplyDelete
  19. yes, doubly blessed indeed...new babes and a new home...many blessings as you steer towards the day of birthing, and even now, i'm sending you peaceful vibes for a new experience in a hospital. you will be fine and all will be well. :) xo

    so nice to read this tonight after your quick email in the winter. yay!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jeanene

    You look beautiful~! So Earthy and pregnant..I hope you are well and happy. Your home looks peaceful. just the perfect place to have your new babies and have your boys. I am sending your parcel off this week..please look out for it. Its the first Miami parcel I have sent. Over the hills and seas. Stay well and look after yourself Jeanene. Your baby knitting looks wonderful. Such little feet....

    Lots of love to you
    Suzanne
    X

    ReplyDelete
  21. And so mystery blessing IS a girl!!!! Oh, congratulations again, sweet mama (or perhaps I should say maman, given the French connection) !!!!! This is simply ridiculously exciting. All of it. And look at you, wearing your blessings so beautifully.

    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  22. My goodness, you look soo beautiful. There is nothing so beautiful as a mama in full bloom! I have not visited in a while, and lo and behold, I came on this day to see such grand news. I am really happy for you. Your boys must be thrilled! And then a move to France, your life is a fairytale (though, really, I know there is realness in there...blogland makes everything so rosy, doesn't it?). Many happy blessings and hugs to you and your children.
    xo Jules

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello,
    As I've seen from your blog you work with horses and I have a question about them. I was curious to why people put down horses when they damage their leg during racing and why they don't let them live from it. I'd really love to know.

    Thank you,
    Miles

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow Wow...double WOW!!! Congratulations! You look as radiant and beautiful as ever...here's sending you abundant love and light to get through the last months of pregnancy, and energy and strength to delivery 2 sweet little humans!!
    So excited for you!!
    xo maureen

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW! You've got a lot going on over there! Glad to see a post! Wishing you peace in everything. . .

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thinking of you and your sweet family! Sending warmest wishes to your new additions.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thinking of you and wondering how you and your babies are doing.........

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete