Monday, June 20, 2011

Exploring Grand Canyon and Utah

Grand Canyon

Passing through Arizona we stayed in National Parks alongside the Grand Canyon.  Marveling at the spectacular great rifts and canyon's which has been so deeply carved by the Colorado River.



Amazing Grand Canyon

We felt so small sitting, looking down into the great Canyon. So quiet and peaceful in the greatness of it.



Utah


Surrounding views of the land as we drove further along the Canyon.

Park in Utah


A national park we stayed at in Utah.

Comfortable on a bed of weeds


Resting comfortably in a soft, cool bed of weeds after a couple hours of traveling.

Kristin

How fortunate we were to visit and connect personally with Kristin from Singin' in the Barn.  She showed us around her barn and I admired her beautiful horses. Her home was cosy and warm, full of wonderful treasures. The children were spellbound by all her playthings she keeps so neatly for her grandchildren.  We chatted away, of course there was not enough time. We explored her lush, almost secret flowery garden and were amused by Kristin's very playful sheep dogs!



Beautiful Snow Capped Mountains of Provo

These are the beautiful views we had from the camp grounds.  The snow capped mountains in Provo not too far from Kristin's home.


Bear Lake

Heading further north towards yellowstone we passed by Bear Lake, turquoise and like glass.

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing these beautiful memories! I knew exactly where each photo was taken without looking at the caption ^_^ During college, I spent a summer camping in Southern Utah, it was amazing. I hope your family has a wonderful time in Yellowstone. We live about 90 minutes south of the park, I took my sons there a few weeks ago, they had a blast. Have a beautiful adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful, what lovely photos you have shared here, how majestic the Grand Canyon looks. Thank you Jeanene:) Aaaahhhh and how wonderful to have met dear Kristen, she is an amazing woman.
    Love to you
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. The western part of the US is a study in contradictions. So dry. So much desert. When I first came here, being a mid-westerner/easterner, I was awed by the majestic, almost defiant beauty of the red rock - amazing shadows and textures - but so desolate from the seat of the car. I discovered that inside the canyons is an amazing green - stands of maple and aspen and pine that line the ridges and the hollows, a fabulous silhouette against the wide western skies. And in fall, the color in the canyons and along the valley waterways is stunning.

    I do not love the desert best. I love rolling hills and green grass and forests. But in this land, your heart either takes courage or breaks. And when I remember to lift my eyes to the mountains, it is courage I find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where would our boys be without their plastic shoes!
    So good you met Kristen and all her lovely animals.
    The scenery is stunning, great photos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breath taking part of the world..
    Mmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Jeanene

    This looks like quite a trip you have been on. My Mother has been to the places you have named and she said it was spectacular. I hope you and your family are well. How wonderful to be away together. Nothing like learning as you go. Such beauty

    Love to you dear friend
    Lots of love
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. For sharing thank you very much wish success

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a girl of the mountains. I can not imagine living away from them.

    A few years ago we took the kids to see the Grand Canyon. Amazing! Undescribably so. Did I spell that right? It looks a whole lot like scribble. :D Scribabablly. Kinda like my brain these days.................

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an incredible trip you've had! Sometimes I think your sons must have seen more beauty in their childhoods than many people see in their whole lives. I long to visit these places...

    ReplyDelete