Friday, February 11, 2011

Paintings and Hearts

[caption id="attachment_2276" align="alignnone" width="640" caption="Sasha's maiden's red house"][/caption]

Sasha came back from one of our cottages with a painting that our friend Christina had painted. He expressed the desire to paint one.  I remembered that I have had a few canvas boards in the craft closet for about 4 years now.  Acrylic painting is new to me... drawing and painting is - I've never been artistic and was always intimidated by it.  I came across Rae's little girls paintings and thought that maybe it would be a good idea for the children and myself to play around with it.


The painting above was Sasha's first one.  He seems to enjoy building and drawing homes these days. I was only a little surprised to find him and his brother with his dad's huge electric drill drilling holes through wood, the are constructing a little wood house for their moose.






[caption id="attachment_2270" align="aligncenter" width="640" caption="Sania's first painting"][/caption]

This was Sania's first painting he made, he enjoyed adding those colors.



[caption id="attachment_2272" align="alignnone" width="640" caption="Sania's dogs in the garden"][/caption]

They both enjoyed it so much that they wanted to do another the next day.  This time Sania seemed to be inspired by his brother's painting and his love of dogs.  Sania loves to paint and these paintings held their attention for a long time.

[caption id="attachment_2275" align="alignnone" width="640" caption="Fabien's creative work"][/caption]

Papa joined in on the fun and shared a bit of his own artistic talent.

[caption id="attachment_2274" align="alignnone" width="640" caption="Horse running through the mountains"][/caption]

I spent quite a bit of meditative time painting my first painting.  I loved the way the colors blend and transform themselves adding different elements to the picture.


Memories of the wild horse footage as they were chased across the desert by helicopter crossed my mind as I completed this painting.  My wild stallion turned out to be a little pony.  Horses again!




[caption id="attachment_2271" align="alignnone" width="640" caption="Sasha's little house in the woods"][/caption]

Another cosy house in the woods painted by Sasha.

[caption id="attachment_2273" align="alignnone" width="640" caption="Swan lake"][/caption]

Fabien has been showing me many of those beautiful old homes in South of France. My pretty swan upon the lake.

[caption id="attachment_2268" align="alignnone" width="640" caption="Valentine hearts for the children"][/caption]

Living crafts blog has some beautiful and simple valentine tutorials to share for Valentines Day.  These will be filled with a chocolate and a little glass heart for the children on Valentines Day to express our deepest love for them.




[caption id="attachment_2266" align="alignnone" width="640" caption="Little heart necklaces "][/caption]

I helped the children make these little heart necklaces, I think they will be given to their friends for Valentines.

22 comments:

  1. bravo! i love all of your paintings. it looks like you all thoroughly enjoyed the process. swan lake is my fave. ;)

    thanks for the kisses and the well wishes. they help so much. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. True artists! Beautiful paintings!

    Love, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I LOVE Sasha's maiden and her red house so so much! Every painting is so so beautiful! I want to go live by your swan lake. And Jason of course loves your horse!
    I'm glad you have been well. It was nice to hear from you today, and I thought I might write back some this evening, but as I bet you could guess.. not liking computer and going to go knit instead.
    South of France...
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are such lovely paintings! Wonderful expression and full of soft color. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like everyone had a lovely time creating their paintings. Its a great way to escape into our imagination isn't it. I am not doing any hearts this year as my eldest has his birthday on Valentines and he is embarrassed about hearts this year (he is turning 10). I always put a few cut out ones in his card though so he won't get away scott free :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea of filling those sweet~hearts with goodies for the children! Lovely.
    Love the paintings ~ so great to see kids expressing themselves through art.
    Love & Light
    S.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it interesting to watch the paint fan out and blend with the colors around. People can be like that, too, if they like. Sasha's maiden looks like your needle felted maidens. His houses are all surrounded by trees and have swings in the front yard. His vision of home - a good, a lovely vision. All of the paintings have made me feel peaceful here tonight. And I'm glad, because otherwise I'd be cross, waiting for dogs who have decided they have to be out right now, after midnight when I should be dreaming. Instead I am walking in dream paintings. And it's enough.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear, it's a pleaseure painting with our child! They enjoy and we too...
    I think it's always relaxing drawing and painting with them...
    Beautiful paintings!
    Hugs and kisses
    Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Each of these paintings are so very expressive. Keep them all safe. They are treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. pretty paintings jeneane! you are a talented family of artists. i have been making the same living crafts valentine felt creations all week! i have yet to post about them, but am so close. i've been making little gnomes to put in each one. i do love how they turned out and they were so fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A house full of artists... so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such gorgeous paintings, they are really really special. I especially like the swan like and cottage house. I am vrey taken by the felt hearts as well and think I may be using this idea to do with my childrem, thankyou x

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooooo, such goodness and loveliness! Each painting is worth thousands of words...my boys love acrylic painting on canvases too, though we don't have the Waldorf touch! Can you recommend a tutorial or a book that can help with learning that style??

    Loving my visit to your blog again. :-)

    ~Erin xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely paintings! And the valentine hearts are a great idea....
    Warm wishes to you and your family!

    Petra Christensen
    Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
    Parelli Central

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely painting! I just thought I would let you know that we received our package in the mail! You can find my blog post about it here:

    http://organiclifelearning.higherlife.ca/2011/02/felt-art-picture.html

    Seraphina loves it. Thank you again, from the bottom of my heart. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Erin thank you so much for the kind compliments. You can follow this link for some resources. http://www.waldorfbooks.com/teaching-resources/drawing-painting. You could also type waldorf watercolor painting on youtube and I'm sure you can find some small videos.
    Syrendell blogspot has a video for watercolor painting. I buy watercolor paper from Michaels and stockmar primary color paints red, yellow and blue from (google) Paper, scissors and stone or www.achildsdream.com. Let me know if this helps. it's wonderful to watercolor paint with small children.

    ReplyDelete
  17. AMAZING artwork--truly!! you have a very talented family!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i can't stop looking at all of your pictures and reading your beautiful words ... the space and creations that you have built with your children are just stunning and so very very inspiring. I spent a long time last night reading and looking through all of your gorgeous ideas/camp food and books that you recommend! i look forward to following and more of your inspiring posts.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I adore your family's artwork. And although you expressed your hesitation towards painting, bravo for going forth and creating some nice work. It's always exhilarating when you do something that you're not sure if you will be good at and the results surprise you.

    You're painting sessions reminds me of a similar experience I had with my family and friends but with oil pastels.

    http://writinginatree.wordpress.com/2011/01/27/for-the-love-of-oil-pastels/

    Always a pleasure reading your blog. Hope your boys are well

    -- whitney

    ReplyDelete