Friday, May 28, 2010

Trail riding fun with their ponies

[caption id="attachment_65" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Pony Love"][/caption]

We have five horses and five ponies on the farm. I've been a Parelli Natural Horsemanship follower for a while and my children share the same passion.  They have an incredible relationship with their ponies, Coco and Mitzi.  They are amazing little creatures and follow them everywhere.

I take the children  on a 3-4 hour trail ride every week , they love their wild adventures.  When it rains one of our pastures fills like a lake so they have fun swimming with them.



We found these at the stream during the trail ride.  When I was little, (in Zimbabwe) I used to play with the "Chongololos" all the time. I haven't seen them since so was surprised to find them - the children were quite amused and brought them home. They spent quite a bit of time watching and playing with them.

[caption id="attachment_68" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption=""Chongololos" Millipedes"][/caption]

Sasha and Sania's cute pony video was a featured video on Parelli Tube just recently, it's wonderful that they can be an inspiration for all.  Enjoy!!!

6 comments:

  1. How wonderful that your children have such a close relationship with their ponies. So wild and free - just as it should be! We have chongololo's here in England too - little guys but so good to see them. I will post pictures of ours sometime soon to show you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious video, what could be lovelier than little ones and their ponies? Can you tell me the song title and singer? Thanks kindly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Molly the video is precious isn't it. The song is called "Ready for a Change" by Katie Drake. The original was sung my Mary Anne Kennedy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My eldest daughter has been studying Parelli, along with her aunt, for a few years now. I just *love* seeing the relationship she develops with her equine friends. It's so powerful. She communicates with them with such ease.

    It's a delight to discover that this is an area of interest for you too :-)

    Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so cool to your kids so close to nature and open to relationships with other species. I like it a lot :)
    Lot's of love,
    Jean-luc

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi - thanks for stopping by my blog! I came to see yours, and the picture of your boys swimming with their ponies grabbed my attention right away. We have 2 horses, I am a follower of natural horsemanship, and grew up riding. Your ponies are so beautiful, as are your kids. Just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete